From The Heretic Knowledge Vault
Just getting this started to work on later. Chapter summaries would be pretty cool.--Tossrock 18:34, 20 January 2006 (CST)
I have brief chapter summaries through Chapter Four completed already. Unfortunately, I'm wiki inept. If you'll set up a better format/organization, I'll add the little writeups. ^-^'
On second thought, my writeups aren't very good... I forgot that they were newly written and needed a review before being ready for the public. I put up the first one, I'll edit the rest before putting them up here. ^-^'
What might be interesting to put along with the chapter titles is a division into books. Also, page counts. Also, parts of the story. For example...
Volume One was Chapters 1-4 and the prologue. Volume Two was chapters 5-10. Volume Three will be chapters 11-18 (because that just happens to round out part one perfectly). Volumes One through Three could be said to comprise part one or book one, depending upon what folks think is more appropriate to call it. Page counts I don't have accurate counts for thanks to misnumbering and the fact that a page was missing from the first printing, but someone more interested than I could get an accurate count for everything except Chapter 18, which is still going now. Counts should, I think, include the chapter pages, but not extraneous image pages. Chapter 19 will be the start of both Volume Four and the next part of the story. ^-^' --Impy 23:33, 23 January 2006 (CST)
Added (adding at the moment) the appropriate cheat sheet links. Invigorating! - Sean
- Additionally, linking the headers themselves (rather than linking the number next to them, which is wrong in any case (prologue doesn't count as a chapter ;/) - Sean
The numbers appear to be next to the wrong chapters... the "I used to Believe" one should actually be the prologue, not chapter 1. --Impy 18:54, 29 January 2006 (CST)
- Yes, that's just the way that the wiki software TOC's it. It may be unavoidable; I'll look into it. Sean
- Sort of did it. The wiki software automatically numbers and generates the TOC; the numbering can be disabled, but for the wiki as a whole (rather than an individual article). To stop the prologue being included in the list, I faked the heading with a font size change and line insert; it is not actually a header. Thus, the TOC won't include it, but it will list the actual chapters appropriately. It's a butcher's job, but it worked. Any other suggestions/advice/criticisms? ;p - Sean 21:03, 29 January 2006 (CST)
how about remove the TOC in favor of a manual list and quit putting italics around things that aren't quotes.
- The advantage of the TOC is the fact that it will auto-update with each section. I can kill it, but a manual TOC will be annoying. To remove the TOC, use
Cool. Arwing, I've box-tabled the TOC you did, added some notes. Updating it is still easy, just a new line with the <br> tag at the end... people needn't worry about mucking up the table formatting. Didn't get the table perfect (something about it bugs me), but I'm not sure what was throwing me off. Gonna fix the titles; some are capatilised, some aren't. I'll capatilise all of them. - Sean 02:45, 30 January 2006 (CST)
- Aaaaand... iexplore is rendering the table without borders. Curse you, Microsoft! - Sean
When adding chapter lines, has to be the same at both the TOC and the section heading. [[Chapter_summaries#Home_Again,_Home_Again...|Chapter 20: 'Home Again, Home Again...']] works with ==[http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2006-04-17 Home Again, Home Again...]==, but [[Chapter_summaries#Home_Again_Home_Again...|Chapter 20: 'Home Again, Home Again...']] won't.
If you can't see the difference immediately, it's that the one that will work is #Home_Again,_Home_Again while the one that won't work doesn't have the comma. This goes the same for capitalization. -spiketail 05:39, 17 April 2006 (CDT)
Shall we divide the chapters by volume?
I'd like to keep the chapters divided up by volume to make it easier for people to keep track of where we are in relation to the nine volumes planned. Can we integrate that information into this page somehow?
Volume One: Prologue - Chapter 4, Volume Two: Chapter 5 - Chapter 10, Volume Three: Chapter 10- Chapter 18
PART TWO (there will be a PART THREE, we're just not there yet)
Volume Four: Chapter 19 - Chapter 26, Volume Five: Chapter 27 - Now
--Impy 03:50, 16 August 2007 (CDT)