From The Heretic Knowledge Vault
| Chapter 6|
Suzie is a small child who appeared in the Saus marketplace with her mother Polly. She spontaneously saw through the magical disguise that ranger Sarna was using, noticing that the real Sarna had elven ears and was female, rather than male. Of course, her mother just thought the kid was imagining things...
Poe's view of her future is not highly optimistic.
(taken from this thread in the old kyhm forums.)
He gives us this commentary on her origins:
- "I think the idea was that the kid was the result of a one night stand her mom (the prostitute from the previous chapter, if no one caught that) had with a Tsuirakuan mage who was in town for the weekend or something like that."
And this commentary on her future:
Hmm... well since she'll never show up again, looks like it's time for 'Chose Your Own Bloody Ending'
- A.) The 'Shiny, Happy Disney Movie' ending. Against all odds, little Suzie grows up. (also she befriends a cute, talking animal who sounds almost exactly like some popular-at-the-time-this-was-made acter and likes to spontaneously break into song) Her mom, Polly meets some semi-wealthy merchant who falls madly in love with her after they spend just one night together, they get married and Polly never has to work as a prostitute again. Meanwhile, various unrelated events cause the Veracian church to change its men-only stance on priesthood allowing Suzie the chance to become one the nation's first female priests. And they all live happily ever after. The end.
- B.) The 'Much, Much More Likely To Happen' ending. (Also called the 'Michael Is a Cold, Pessimistic Asshole' ending) Her mom ends up pissing off some scruffy mercenary, who doesn't happen to be the world's only nice guy assassin this time, and is killed... quite horribly too. Without any other family, Suzie is shipped off to an orphanage and has the misfortune to end up at the only one in Veracia where the priest in charge is a strictly straight pedophile. After years of abuse, molestation, and misery, Suzie is dumped back out on the streets at sixteen. Lacking any job skills or decent education and now possessing the willpower and self-esteem of a garden slug thanks to her time at the orphanage, Suzie has little choice but to become a prostitute and eventually ends up lying in a cold dark ally, dead and mutilated, just like her mom before her. The end.
- C.) The 'Because The World Always Needs More Ninja Girls' ending. Her mom ends up pissing off some scruffy mercenary, who doesn't happen to be the world's only nice guy assassin this time, and is killed... quite horribly too. Without any other family, Suzie is shipped off to an orphanage. Fortunately, she ends up at one of the numerous orphanages run by the Church, where the priest in charge is a strictly gay pedophile or that incredibly rare one that has a priest running it who prefers to secretly boink only people old enough to grow pubic hair, at least. Eventually she is picked up by the Ensigerum (who have arrangements with the Veracian Church to get first option on any kids with a decent amount of magic potential and no family connections) and, after many years of training, is turned into yet another emotionless, nearly brained washed killing machine in a pair of curiously clingy black pajamas. 50/50 odds she winds up being killed in battle by a main character some years later. The end.
And finally, this commentary on her ability to see through illusions:
- That little bit was just something that I made up at the last minute because I needed to put something in that panel. I think the idea was that the kid was the result of a one night stand her mom (the prostitute from the previous chapter, if no one caught that) had with a Tsuirakuan mage who was in town for the weekend or something like that.